Last month, the government announced the Modern Business Register (MBR) program. This established the new Australian Business Registry Services (ABRS) and introduced director ID. If you’re not sure whether this change impacts you, read our post about director ID.
The change was scheduled for November 1, and it’s now live. This means if you’re a director you’ll need to apply for your director ID now.
To help get you started, we’ve put together the three ways you can apply.
How to apply for a director ID
Directors must apply for their director ID number themselves. It cannot be completed by an ASIC agent or other representative.
There are three ways to verify a director’s identity and apply for a director ID:
1. Digital application (preferred)
2. Phone application (Australian TFN holders only)
- Call 13 62 50 (weekdays 8am- 6pm AEST)
- Verbally prove your identity (they will use questions from a proof of identity (POI) document)
3. Paper application
- Download the director ID application form
- Fill in the form
- Certify your proof of identity documents (see details in the form)
- Post completed form and certified documents to:
ABRS, Locked Bag 6000, Albury NSW 2640
Contact us once you’re done
Contact us once you receive your director ID. We can then record it in our system for compliance.
More about director ID
For more about director ID and how to apply, see Director identification number on the ABRS website.